#COSMO69

Sunday, July 22, 2012

0 All I Want for Christmas is Ani—and Some Toyomansi

This is Dilate, Ani DiFranco's seventh studio album released in 1996. I badly want a physical copy of this for Christmas, and Christmas is now! But I'm not into the trip to the record store yet (I hope they still have this!). "Untouchable Face" is my most favorite song from this album, and is one of the best songs about unrequited love I've so far listened to. (Album photo from Amazon)

***

ALSO Gwyneth Paltrow learns how to cook with Filipino brand Datu Puti
The singer-actress writes about getting a "kick-ass cooking lesson" from Catch Wilmington's Keith Rhodes, and learns how to prepare pan-seared black grouper with local veggies. "In this preparation [of the Asian-style vegetables], the veggies are touched with some South East Asian overtones. Toyomansi, a calamansi (Filipino citrus)-infused soy sauce, and a soy sauce with bonito. He [Keith Rhodes] adopted these flavor profiles from his time cooking in Philly." READ MORE




0 Feedback:

Post a Comment